At our May meeting, we were able to look at Brenda Miles' sampler of homes that have meaning in her life. I'm not sure she's officially named it, but it was beautiful! We also talked about what we might include in our own samplers, and discussed several examples of samplers (found in the slide show).
If you're having trouble coming up with a theme, here are some questions that you can answer that might get you thinking!
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What was your first childhood memory?
3. What did your house look like?
4. Where did you attend school?
5. Where have you lived?
6. Does your nation’s history have special meaning to you? What events?
7. Did you have a pet as a child?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. What is your favorite flower?
10. Did/Do you have a favorite holiday?
11. Did/Do you have a favorite family tradition?
12. What things do you and your family enjoy doing together?
13. Do you have hobbies or creative pursuits in addition to needlework?
14. Did you play a sport in school?
15. What is your favorite song?
16. Do you have a favorite quote, poem, or verse?
17. What is your favorite season?
Please post your ideas on the comments section of this blog post, or on the Yahoo group discussion board!